Sunday, March 4, 2007

The liberal media. I listen, watch and surf it up more than average, way more than average indeed. But first let me define what my interpretation of the liberal media is, by writing what it isn't, it isn't the corporately owned media, though perhaps with some (one actually) exceptions.

And that's just about everything on TV broadcast, cable and print. This brings me to this blog's title. I confess to being one of those strange creatures that listened to all fifteen hours a week of the now terminated "The Al Franken Show" on Air America. Not to mention listening to some or all of the other fine shows on that "content provider".

And that is part of my mission for this bit of text on the "interwebs" often I would listen to one host speak about a subject that another host had covered thoroughly and in depth, earlier in the broadcast day and now another host going on about the very same subject but being largely at sea compared to the earlier show.

So it was obvious the hosts didn't listen to one another nor communicate in another way. Indeed they were not even briefed from any given talking points like the conservabot channels.

I thought you know one of their staffers should listen in to the other shows and write a summery for each host so they could have a coherent and informed message.

But of course they are liberals, organization is too much to be asked for. And so here I am, I'm going to start blogging about what I hear and read in the reality based world of the left so that maybe we can have our pointed talks with out talking points.

3 comments:

dudeson said...

I am a fan of AAR and expect great things to happen under new leadership. I do wish they would take the time to tell us a little of what is going on. The home-page is still locked in to Jan. in the press release section. Has the sale been completed? I feel left out of something I have supported since the begining.

TheSixteenthHour said...

dudeson-

I am unclear as to how final the sale is to the Green brothers. But one of the brothers (the buyer) has been on Randi's show and maybe some others too. So the deal is done, at just what point the final closure is I don't know.

As far as their web site, The Sam Seder Show still has "The Majority Report" as its banner. And Sam's on air blog is so unstable he's resorted to using some other site as a back up.

140 per sq foot said...

sixteen,
Interesting stuff, hard to digest and sort through, but interesting.
Here is a link to an amazing movie.
2 hours, 3 parts.
Part 1 History of Religion.
Part 2 911 what really happened.
Part 3 Who is REALLY behind the curtain? (think wizard of oz)
Long, but you will never see dubya the same again.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/